Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another Postcard

My plans for today were sort of kiboshed by a head cold--not mine,mercifully, but I do have sympathy for my now ailing friend.  And I had to find something else to do.  So I took a walk in the fog along Jericho Beach and did some knitting.  

I am about half way through the lace border on the "Diamonds..." sweater.  For some reason, it took me forever to figure out the rhythm of the pattern, but I have it now and the repeats are flying by.  The biggest problem is that I didn't take the time to dig out a shorter set of circulars and I am working a  4 inch wide band on 29 inch needles--and fighting the cord every time I turn the row.  Slows me down!

I am off to the frigid north tomorrow, then back to the grind.  At least I got a break from winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment