Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I'm ready for Christmas.  Or, at least, the stuff is all done.

In the last two weeks, my quiet little Christmas has exploded into a full-bown gathering of the clan, complete with big family dinners and convoluted travel arrangements from all points of the compass. I have baked and knitted and shopped and wrapped and DONE ALL THE THINGS.  All that remains is to await the arrivals of our travellers.

The world around me is shutting down for the holidays.  The usual morning traffic jam outside my living room window is absent.  There are short lines in all of the local stores.  My inbox is devoid of actual emails.

So, now, I am going to shut down for a few days, too.  I am going to eat rich food, and drink good wine, and cuddle up with the ones I love most...


...while thinking of good friends, old and new, and, of course, knit and spin. 

So, whoever you are and however you celebrate, I hope that you find time to do the things that bring you joy during this quiet time when the world actually slows down for a few days.  I wish you peace and joy on these dark winter days.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(PS: For those of you who follow my Twitter feed along the side bar, I apologise in advance for any off-colour or obtuse tweets.  These things happen when Boyds gather.)

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have a splendid holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like solstice. We're there: may the festivities begin! Enjoy!

    One of the fine happenings of 2011 was having the opportunity to meet you at SOAR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, Blessed Solstice [insert any other holiday greeting] to you and yours!! See you in the New Year. BTW ... I'm still in Edmonton!

    ReplyDelete