Sunday, September 30, 2007

And Now For A Brief Musical Interlude...

We are on the road again, this time the whole lot of us. We are moving Number One Daughter out to Vancouver, then we are taking a bit of a family holiday. Lots of car knitting, which is good because I have a couple of baby sweater commissions to bang out and there are not a lot of distractions in the car.

I did, however take a brief break from the madness to go to the Loreena McKennitt concert in Edmonton on Thursday night. I have been a fan since the eighties (OMG, I'm old!) and this was my first opportunity to see her live. Amazing is the only word I can use. I love the music to begin with, but to hear it live just adds a dimension of depth that no stereo system can recreate. The staging and the lighting were absolutely masterful, but the best part was the sheer joy and exhuberance of the performers. Everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives, even though they were nearing the end of their tour. And the joy shone through in the music. All in all a magical evening. I'm glad I sat still for the 2 hours! If you don't know Loreen McKennitt, check out her website at Quinlan Road.

Of course, I did have one little problem. This is the music I listen to when I spin, so I found my foot treadling and I actually had to clench my hands a couple of times to keep from drafting! You know you are a spinner when....

No comments:

Post a Comment