Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm So Excited...

...and I just can't hide it!  I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Yep, The Pointer Sisters really summed up my mood today.  It's been a really exciting week around here.  Really!

On Sunday, I hosted the first Wood Buffalo Spin-in for the growing local spinning community.  It was such a hit that we're doing it again in about 10 days.  There were 5 spinners in my tiny little living room, spinning and talking and eating goodies and just having fun.  I'm so excited that this group has gathered together, and that we will be doing it again soon.  (Though, sadly, Robin has left us to go home to Australia.  I'm sure she will still spin with us in spirit!)

On Tuesday, the excitement was in the form of a nasty injury.  I broke my toe, tripping over the track on the sliding patio door.  I was trying to take my spinning wheel out onto the patio to take advantage of the fabulous weather, and, bang!  My poor wee toe never saw it coming.  Things are healing up, with my toe a spectacular variagated range of purples and greens.  It only hurts when I dance.

Which is a bit of a problem, because I have been breaking into spontaneous dance for the last 20 hours or so.  Ever since I received an email from Amy Clarke Moore, editor of Spin-Off Magazine.

Yours truly has been awarded a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to attend SOAR 2010!

Big excitement, indeed.

So that high-pitched squealing noise you have been hearing since last night is just me, realizing that I AM GOING TO SOAR.  Then bursting into dance.  Then screaming because my toe hurts.  And then squealing again, because sore toe or not, I AM GOING TO SOAR!

Sooner or later, I'm sure I will settle down.  Probably when I realize that I can only take
one of the amazing workshops.  I have no idea how I will choose. Putting each workshop description on  a wall and throwing darts seems too blunt.  Reading the correct workshop in chicken entrails seems a little, well, icky.  Logically working through the list to choose something that will be interesting and challenging for me seems like a plan, but logic escapes me right now.

I'm so excited....I'M GOING TO SOAR!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michelle! You will have a wonderful time! Well deserved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your poor toe - but you're going to SOAR! How cool is that! You'll figure out what to take (but still wishing you could do it all) and you'll have a great time.

    What is it with so many folks breaking bones these days? You must be the 3rd or 4th person of my acquaintance who has broken something in the foot/ankle area recently. Take care out there!

    ReplyDelete