Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Cure for Grey

It's mud season again. That's the time of year that is not quite winter anymore, but spring is still a week or so away. Everything is grey and mucky, and this is what I look out my window at right now.

The good news is that this will only last a couple of weeks and that it has to be warmer to make snow into mud. It is not quite time to pack away the parkas, but, for now anyway, sweaters are working just fine.

I am still knitting away on my grey DAAGBF sweater, the view is muddy and grey (as are my floors) and a few unpleasant incidents over the past week have put me in a grey mood. So what's a gal to do when she is mired in grey? Warp up her own sunshine, of course!

A great big fat singles yarn, spun by Ellen Munroe, and space-dyed in reds, pinks and yellows for the warp and the matching red for weft. Sett at 5 epi on the rigid heddle and mostly woven at this point.


Ooooh! Happy colors!

The other cure for grey has been the wonderful people in my life. It's Theatrix (the school theatre group that I work with) production time again, which means I get to hang out with a lot of really committed and enthusiastic creative kids and adults for a couple of weeks. This year's production is Willy Wonka Jr., and I'll tell you, nothing recharges the batteries like 37 Oompa-loompas dancing around you! The curtain goes up a week from tomorrow, with sets and make-up design by yours truly--check it out at Keyano Theatre if you're in Fort McMurray! (I'll take pictures for those of you who can't make it.)

I will also be starting rehearsals for Angels in America tomorrow evening, so my time will get much tighter for the next 6 weeks. I have no mindless backstage knitting to keep me from mischief. I do have a pair of knee-high self-striping socks on the needles, but those will be done by the weekend (she says optimistically). We shall have to go stash diving soon...but first, let's weave a little more sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment